Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is it possable to fit an 999 motor into any of the supersport frames someone must have given it a go i have a 04 999s motor swingarm shock oilcooler exhaust etc have searched this forum couldnt find anything

·
Premium Member
1,176 Posts
The engine cases of the 999 are different from those used on the Supersports. Specifically, the swingarm mounting point is wider on the Supersport (and Monster and Sport Classics) than on the Superbikes, because those models house the swingarm pivot bearing inside the engine cases.

This is true even of the Monsters that used the Superbike-based 4-valve watercooled motors.

To fit a Superbike motor in a Supersport frame, major modifications would need to be done to either the swingarm or the engine cases.

Some have done it, but it is a lot of work.

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
999 engine in an SS

A 999 engine would in my opinion be too much engine for the chassis.

I would look at grafting SS ergonomics and/or bodywork to a 999. Maybe start with a wrecked 999 and go from there.

·
Registered
954 Posts
Im sure the cases are the same - but you would need a 9*6 frame to run the single-sided swinger, the rear of the frame is completly different!

+1 on fitting SS bodywork to a 999 tho?

·
Premium Member
591 Posts
Okay, so how about a Supersport motor in a Superbike frame, 1100 Evo in a 1098 anyone?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have a 999 swingarm and shock was thinking more along the lines of will a supersport frame take this motor,head clearances etc ,what i have in mind is 999s motor/swingarm/shock, 91on supersport frame hailwood tank ,74-75 ss fairing seat and ducktail, 91 adjustable showa forks, ignitech unit, 41mm fcr,s and mount a radiator under the seat, slowly getting the parts together hoping to have it running by march next year. cheers shayne

1 - 8 of 8 Posts