Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

81 - 90 of 90 Posts

·
Just Visiting Your Planet
9,179 Posts
Error 37.3 Immobilizer.

Check the immobilizer connection.

Edit: Oh, sorry. You guys are confusing me with the different videos. Carry on.

·
Premium Member
1,147 Posts
Yes that was the “fake” generated error. Carry on? Give us the answer...this is an interesting puzzle.

·
Just Visiting Your Planet
9,179 Posts
I have no answers, but I thought the spark plug test was interesting. It should spark in a regular consistent pattern, but it didn't.

·
Premium Member
5,023 Posts
I have no answers, but I thought the spark plug test was interesting. It should spark in a regular consistent pattern, but it didn't.
My comment as well when I saw the vid. I’ve seen the happen when no plug caps are on the plugs. Intermittent spark. But even so there’s still enough duration to let it kick into life but there’s no sign of that. This bike seems to be defying the laws of nature though not the laws of a Ducati. 😄

·
Registered
889 Posts
while cranking is the rpm tach needle moving-verifying a signal from the coil? to eliminate the battery as the issue try jumping with another battery that's out of the vehicle.also make sure your battery terminals are as clean as can be. coil plug terminals are not pushed back into the plugs?

·
Super Moderator
26,437 Posts
My comment as well when I saw the vid. I’ve seen the happen when no plug caps are on the plugs. Intermittent spark.
Which brings us back to my plug cap question...are there Yes or are there No little screw caps on the spark plugs, and are there supposed to be? Either case would give intermitant spark me thinks. I honestly don't remember whether or not the 999 uses them...been too long.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #87
x: I think it is kicking to life a bit. Enough to rev a little in the video, and it sure sounded like there was some combustion happening there, not just the starter spinning faster. Can't figure out why it won't keep going.

04: tach moves, you can see it in the video a few pages back. I can try jumping, but that I'm not sure I'd be better off it that worked. This is a brand new oem spec yausa (or however you spell it) fresh off the charger with 12.6v showing on the dash at the time of my starting attempts. So if jumping works, I'll need a long term solution that's stronger than a new oem spec battery. Plug terminals look brand new and well positioned.

chuckracer: I'm not sure I'm understanding the question, but the only time I've seen screw caps on plugs were in a harley. I'm using the oem spec plugs, and the caps match the plugs the last guy had in this engine. I've just ordered some new sets, thinking there's a slight possibility that these were irreparably fouled by the oil in the tube from the valve cover gasket issue, but I cleaned these up pretty well so I'm not hopeful.

Still waiting for the odb connector to come in to check for any errors that aren't showing up on the dash. Found a cheap 5am ecu to try a fresh 999 map on if all else fails.

·
Retired Pipe Polisher C2H6O+
18,834 Posts
Which brings us back to my plug cap question...are there Yes or are there No little screw caps on the spark plugs, and are there supposed to be? Either case would give intermitant spark me thinks. I honestly don't remember whether or not the 999 uses them...been too long.
I just had mine out a few days ago but really didn’t pay attention to the plugs. But I’m pretty sure the 999 uses the solid cap plugs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #89
Maybe more embarrassing than cloths in the intakes. Whacked open the cold start lever and it fired right up. Still is cutting out when I close the lever though. Seems likely that this is related to the surging on small throttle openings I experienced previously. The fact that it will run with the cold start lever on, but won't with the throttle slightly cracked also makes me think it's TPS related, despite the dealer saying it isn't. Thoughts? And anyone want a spare ecu?

·
Premium Member
5,023 Posts
Morning Grumpus. Cold start lever opens the butterflies on cold mornings. When the engine is warm does it idle with the lever in the off position?

81 - 90 of 90 Posts