Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys, just bought a 999 which has been sitting for a few years. When I first started it, it ran fine, but after bringing it home it doesn't run on both cylinders.... I was thinking of taking the tank off and flushing out it out to start with... maybe a blocked injector? Thought I would replace the plugs while I'm at it.... any other must do's on this model, thanks. :smile

·
Premium Member
353 Posts
When was the last time the bike was tuned, if you don't know then i would have it tuned.You might just be chasing a ghost , my 06 999s sat for a long time had many problems that could not be found with out a dyno and lots of knowledge .

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks 58 Burst, good to know if it continues.... was considering an exhaust upgrade anyway, so a tune will be required.
Not easy to find a good exhaust anymore for the 999 in Australia, Termi and Akrapovic don't seem to make them for that model anymore!
Cheers Sam

·
Registered
684 Posts
A few years of sitting... change all fluids, drain the gas, change the belts, new plugs, clean out the fuel system. If its only firing on one cylinder, a clogged injector or bad plug are the most likely causes. No sense in putting it on a dyno until you get the basic needs sorted first.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts