Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new to my 999. Have had it for about a month. I decided to get some Track Star Heli Bars. I love the quality as they are carved out of billet and the fitment is excellent. They are very flat though. I know the FBF bars are almost identical as far as bend. I am not sure I like the flat bend on the bars. The stock bars are a little extreme. I was wanting to find something kind of in between I guess. Are the factory bars a 10* bend? Any suggestions as far as bend and what bars would be appreciated. I am looking for about a 5* bend. I know the 2003 999 are sensitive to clearance issues. The Heli Bars must be a very low angle. May have to sell these not sure yet. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
Did you try to ride with then for a few miles. I have the heli bars and love them. Agree clearance is tight, at full lock your hand is going to be very near the top of the fairing, it will feel and looks worse sitting static on the bike. When riding it's not a problem. Can't help you with other bars, but I do recall a pretty long and well posted thread on 999 bar options. I can't recall the title, but try a search on 999 clip ons

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have ridden a couple of days with them. May just be so different I am not sure of them yet.

·
Premium Member
99 Posts
can't remember which company but get some with the eccentric adjuster. you can place the bar in a variety of angles to your preference. I got the cycle cat risers - the install is a bit involved (change MC reservoirs, reroute some wires) but that is mostly to get maximum rise. The eccentric adjusters are also available on some without much added rise so wouldn't need all that. Other have described swapping stock right and left clipons and flipping them - that changes the angle a bit also and maybe better.
I love the cycle cats - probably the most adjustable so you can customize it and also the most rise - but cost is higher and install more involved. I have shorter upper torso so for me it helps a lot.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
This is an older pic of the cycle cats on my 999S.

Attachments

·
Registered
82 Posts
I thought the same when I installed FBF bars last week, didn't like them at first. After a few ride out now I think they are great. Makes the bike much more comfortable, yet sporty once you get used to the change over the lower stock position. The plus side is its also easier to turn your head to look behind you

·
Registered
210 Posts
I wanted some risers when I first got my 999, but after riding for a year I can't imagine changing it. I guess the stock ergos grew on me, or I adapted my style.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts