Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Have a Red 999, up in the air about doing the red rim tape / stripes. Any suggestions? Like, Dislike? also need to find the thin tape with the rounded ends. Thanks!

This picture is an example, look closely at the rim stripes, where do i get these exact ones?

·
Registered
178 Posts
I like to stand out a bit so i have this colour:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
This picture is an example, look closely at the rim stripes, where do i get these exact ones?
The one on the 1098 you have posted came with the replica bike I think. I had a set that came with my XEROX. The number is 438.1.408.1B for both wheels. If I where you I would buy three sets. It takes some skills to do it right.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Top tip: Use some soapy water on to the rim and apply the tape, this will allow your to position and reposition if nessesary. When dry it sticks as per normal but life will be a whole world easier when applying the tape.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Wheel stripes definitly make your bike look better.
I love the 8mm White Line stripes. I have seen decals as shown in pictures.

Looks great but looks difficult to apply...

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Pro tip: don't look for instructions for doing "rim jobs" on Google.

Sent from my phone with the Motorcycle.com app. Hot damn!

·
Registered
75 Posts
I've never done it myself, but I know there are a few companies out there that have an applicating tool thats gotta make it easier. Here is an example from ProGrip.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The one on the 1098 you have posted came with the replica bike I think. I had a set that came with my XEROX. The number is 438.1.408.1B for both wheels. If I where you I would buy three sets. It takes some skills to do it right.

Awesome, so pretty much take that part number and order it from the dealer right?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts