Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Everyone,

I have been searching for a windscreen for my 999 for some time now. As some of you may already know from my previous post (999 Windscreen Replacement (Stoner's Desmosedici Windscreen)
) I wanted to get a replica Corse windscreen like the one on Casey Stoner's Desmosedici.

I have spoken to just about everyone I know about locating this however unfortunately it looks like it just doesn't exist.

I have been talking to Zero Gravity about the possibility of designing a new screen and they have asked me to see if anyone else has any interest in this. If so there is a high likelihood that it could be produced. I am hoping to have at least 25 people interested with an intention to purchase this item if it becomes available. This will be designed and engineered specifically to be the best possible track windscreen while at the same time be perfect for the road.

Below is a picture of the Corse windscreen on the Desmosedici. It will be strikingly similar to this and will most likely be available for less than $200.

Thanks Everyone! Let me know if your interested in learning more about this by posting a comment or sending me a message.

Ciao

Attachments

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Reply to Jcns

I don't understand why try to replicate a motogp screen for a 999 bike. Each windscreen was designed and fine tuned in the wind tunnel for each bike.
I was thinking if you are going to custom make/order one, you could replicate the ones used on the 999 WSBK, since it was wind tunnel designed to work with it.
http://www.motorcyclespecs.co.za/model/ducati/ducati_999_f05_team_xerox.htm
Hey Jcns, thank you for the reply. You are right it is a much better idea to replicate a WSBK 999 screen.. If you look carefully the screens for the desmo and the 999 racing bikes are very similar. I only meant to use the desmo screen as a profile. Zero Gravity would be using the MotoGP or WSBK screen then as a model for a 999 screen design. It will very much be made for the bike its meant to go on.

Thanks Jcns!

·
Registered
771 Posts
Why don't you go through WSBK archive photos and see what sponsor stickers are on the windscreens of the customer 999RS bikes if you can't find a true Corse version? I'm sure somebody, somewhere manufactured a tall windscreen for the 999's.

·
Registered
3,850 Posts
Or you contact Moto Wheels and order a Fabbri Solopista, which is a double bubble track designed screen....

Attachments

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
Check out my pics.Ring Skidmarx & ask for a corse screen . They made the ones that Haslam & Lavilla had on their 999

Attachments

·
Super Senior Poster
6,328 Posts
Try Fast by Ferracci. They have a few different models, the one high rise might be the ticket. Or, just remove/leave off the rubber trim. The Ferracci screens are made by the same company(Acropolis,Italy) that supplies Ducati OEM and race screens.:)
www.fastbyferracci.com 215.657.1276

·
Registered
3,642 Posts
I've been trying to find a true 999 corse windscreen for years. The screens used on the AMA 999F-bikes had Zero Gravity logos on them, but that doesnt mean that ZG made them.

That Skidmarx screen looks damned close, and real nice... 40GBP sounds reasonable, I wonder what it would cost to ship to US

·
Registered
3,642 Posts
You can get light smoke or black. I have one of each...:D
Thanx for posting those Blackie. The clear looks more true to form, probably an illusion given by the decals. The smoked screen looks abnormally large, probably the angle of the shot and the fact the corse bike's tank and fairing is larger than the road-going bikes.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thank You

Hey everyone, thank you very much for the replies to my post. I appreciate it very much!

I would just like to say that although all of the windscreens that have been shown here look great and im sure function great I am talking about something entirely new. I would like to team up with Zero Gravity to build the best windscreen yet for the 999. An exact replica of the screen which was used in WSBK for the 999. I am not looking to purchase from another company unless they provide just that. If you can help me with that it would be greatly appreciated! Thank You!

Ciao

·
Registered
443 Posts
I currently use an Ermax screen. Have tried the DP screen too but wasn't good enough for the track. I also have just ordered a Fabri "solo pista" screen to try soon (have heard good things about it). But if you guys end up making it happen (WSBK look-alike screen) with ZeroGravity, then I'd be interested in one clear screen too.

·
Registered
578 Posts
The 999 already has a huge front fairing, to add more windscreen height to it would distract from the looks of the bike in my opinion. When I got my Xerox I hated the look of the third light on the stock screen, so I looked around and found this dark smoke double bubble screen from Puig that I think goes well with the looks of my bike. It is also about 3/4 of an inch higher than the stock screen. I dont see what the problem is with tucking in behind even the stock screen, I am 6'2 and 220 pounds and i could tuck in behind it no problem. A pic of the Puig screen
-

Attachments

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
The 999 already has a huge front fairing, to add more windscreen height to it would distract from the looks of the bike in my opinion. When I got my Xerox I hated the look of the third light on the stock screen, so I looked around and found this dark smoke double bubble screen from Puig that I think goes well with the looks of my bike. It is also about 3/4 of an inch higher than the stock screen. I dont see what the problem is with tucking in behind even the stock screen, I am 6'2 and 220 pounds and i could tuck in behind it no problem. A pic of the Puig screen
-
I think it really depends on what you intend on using the bike for. Street riding is completely different than track riding. Getting in a full tuck and trying to get yourself to be as slick as possible is one thing that's not really possible with the stock screen.

And the looks of the bike take a back seat when you're concerned with trying to get the most performance gains out of a bike on the track.

Again, it all depends on what one is trying to achieve out of their bike and their ownership of said bike.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Windscreens

Hi ,

I have recently purchased a 2006 749 and am trying to figure out which screen to put onto it for touring. I currently own a Monster and purchased this 749 to get better wind protection as I thought that I would achieve this from a full fairing bike , Wrong! I just insured it two days ago , took it for the first ride and came back wondering if I have made the right decision. I have looked into Zero gravity (double bubble only , no touring option) Fabbri , Puig , etc. . can you guys please tell me which of these will give me the best protection ( essentially is the largest?) while touring.

Thank You!!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts