Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Super Senior Poster
6,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My tail/brake light bulb needs replacing. I want to stick w/ stock set up, no reason to go LED or clear lense kit. I just buffed my tail light lense w/ a product to restore the clarity so it's more than bright now.
Is there a brighter bulb that can be used here...or do I have to stick w/ the 5w standard.

·
Super Moderator
8,215 Posts
Unless your going to go with a LED buld or board, there isn´t alot availble to you..

I believe the 999 uses a 21/5 BAY21D bulb, which has been a standard bulb in the auto industry since the 60´s. All newer lights are being made with LED technology.

//amullo

·
Registered
322 Posts
M I just buffed my tail light lense w/ a product to restore the clarity so it's more than bright now.
Is there a brighter bulb that can be used here...or do I have to stick w/ the 5w standard.
Hello...would you please let me know what you used to buff the rear lens...thanks.

·
Registered
168 Posts
3M makes a kit for this. It is sold through autobody supply stores. Look one up in your neighborhood. Body shops do it routinely.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I remember reading somewhere that those LED boards can cause electrical problems with the 999, I do not know how true that is but does anyone have any bad experiences or advise on that??

·
Registered
322 Posts
3M makes a kit for this. It is sold through autobody supply stores. Look one up in your neighborhood. Body shops do it routinely.
Excellent...thank you for the help...Mark

·
Super Senior Poster
6,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hello...would you please let me know what you used to buff the rear lens...thanks.
I just used a simple foam pad set up that attaches to an electric drill-nothing expensive. The product is called Meguiars Plast-X..cleaner polish. You'll need a buffer to get the brilliant clarity, although you could do it by hand.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts