Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm a bit confused. I'm looking at getting the MWR air filters for my 999R and it looks like there are 2 different versions(?).

On Motowheels website --> "This filter replaces the original air filter for the 749 and 999. Remove the backfire gauze and original air filters then mount the MWR filters in the original filter cage. Please ensure your OEM filters have the plastic filter cage that is pictured with the MWR filters. Some US models do not have this type of filter and the MWR filter can only replace models with the plastic filter cage since it is reused"

Pro Italia and Mota-lab websites --> "This filter replaces the original air filter for the 749 and 999 including the filter cage if originally fitted with one."

The pictures they supply are also different. So which one is it? Does it replace the cage or do you need to reuse it? I want to make sure I order the right one.

I tried using the search function but didn't find anything.

MWR Ducati 749 999 Air Filters all models from MC-020-01 from Ducati from MWR Air Filters from by MWR

MWR Air Filters: 749/999

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
So I'm a bit confused. I'm looking at getting the MWR air filters for my 999R and it looks like there are 2 different versions(?).

On Motowheels website --> "This filter replaces the original air filter for the 749 and 999. Remove the backfire gauze and original air filters then mount the MWR filters in the original filter cage. Please ensure your OEM filters have the plastic filter cage that is pictured with the MWR filters. Some US models do not have this type of filter and the MWR filter can only replace models with the plastic filter cage since it is reused"

Pro Italia and Mota-lab websites --> "This filter replaces the original air filter for the 749 and 999 including the filter cage if originally fitted with one."

The pictures they supply are also different. So which one is it? Does it replace the cage or do you need to reuse it? I want to make sure I order the right one.

I tried using the search function but didn't find anything.

MWR Ducati 749 999 Air Filters all models from MC-020-01 from Ducati from MWR Air Filters from by MWR

MWR Air Filters: 749/999
Hmm I have some on the way for my 999s from pro Italia andmausoleum under the impression that the original filter Plus cage is discarded.

·
Registered
24 Posts
There are two types.
Part # MC-020-01 Which doesn't require the original cages
And
Part # MC-020-02 which reuses the cages.

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
There are two types.
Part # MC-020-01 Which doesn't require the original cages
And
Part # MC-020-02 which reuses the cages.
So received mine but do you know if you have to cut the bottom of the filter as the tabs sit down further than the airbox join so would make the filter not seat against the top of the airbox but rather sit out a few mm. Seems obvious I know but you would think they would make them to fit. :confused:

·
Registered
143 Posts
So received mine but do you know if you have to cut the bottom of the filter as the tabs sit down further than the airbox join so would make the filter not seat against the top of the airbox but rather sit out a few mm. Seems obvious I know but you would think they would make them to fit. :confused:
Sorry , I don't understand what you mean , normally they will fitt without cutting or so , which of the two filters did you recieved ?

Gr
Wilco

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
Sorry , I don't understand what you mean , normally they will fitt without cutting or so , which of the two filters did you recieved ?

Gr
Wilco
It has the 3 holes that the air scoop bolts go through to secure it and also 2 tabs on top and to tabs on the bottom that have holes for who knows what. The tabs on the bottom are lower than the airbox join which stcicks out from the airbox.
Part # MC-020-01

·
Registered
143 Posts
It has the 3 holes that the air scoop bolts go through to secure it and also 2 tabs on top and to tabs on the bottom that have holes for who knows what. The tabs on the bottom are lower than the airbox join which stcicks out from the airbox.
Part # MC-020-01

Oké , no cutting , just install like ths std ones
These tabs are on it to pull the rubbersealing outside just before you lock the tubes & filters so the intakehole is as big as possible

Gr
Wilco

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
Oké , no cutting , just install like ths std ones
These tabs are on it to pull the rubbersealing outside just before you lock the tubes & filters so the intakehole is as big as possible

Gr
Wilco
Aha sonds like a feasible solution. Will check that out tonight maybe.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts