Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
I know that the 999 has a reputation for having crappy mirrors, so I'm looking for input on what is a better option for signal mirrors. Pics of mirrors on bikes would be good.

·
Premium Member
2,245 Posts
I've mounted the corse mirrors on several customer bikes. I've found the fitment to be questionable...it's hard to get them to fit tight without coming loose and rattling around. One day when I was working on my bike I picked up the wrong screw and it fit perfect and tight as you could want. I realized I'd used a shorter screw. Shorter screws than the stock 999 screws work best for mounting the aftermarket corse mirrors. Or you can put some washers in there too to help tighten things up. Makes a big difference. They should supply shorter screws with the mirrors but oh well...

·
Registered
16,908 Posts
Home Depot has some small plastic caps in a variety of sizes.

We filled the holes on our CF nose before we painted.

-M

·
Registered
244 Posts
Home Depot has some small plastic caps in a variety of sizes.

We filled the holes on our CF nose before we painted.

-M
Thanks. I am getting all the parts, bar ends turn signals, adapters for the mirrors, the mirrors and connectors. Is there anything else you do you recomend or am I missing something?

·
Registered
217 Posts
They make some extenders that match up with Italian bikes mirrors, exactly...
(like APRILIA RSVR) in the UK...
Does anyone know of ones for a 999?
Thanks

·
Registered
516 Posts
i dont think the mirrors are that bad on the 999. deff better then the stock mirrors on a 1098 or 996 but thats not saying much i guess, lol

·
Registered
116 Posts
I've kept the original mirrors but added an Oberon 'Streetfighter' mirror on the outside bar (that's right side in the uk but would be left in the States).
It replaces the bar-end and is very discreet. I have mounted mine so the curved bar the actual mirror mounts on is vertical but you can have it sticking out horizontal from the end if you want. The way I've done it only adds a centimetre or so to the width of the bike but allows you to see directly behind at a glance.
I've chosen a 60mm mirror in the interests of minimalism but a larger one is available if you want an even better view.
It is beautifully made and a fully adjustable top quality product. Cost is about 40 pounds including postage in the uk and it arrived next day. result!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts