Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know where I can find mirror blockoff plates for the 999 ('05). Wire ties just aren't that stylish...

I've run searches on this forum and looked at the parts vendors websites but can't seem to find them...

Thanks in advance.

·
comrade moderator
26,972 Posts
I rather like my zip ties. They exude a certain FU factor and piss off the purists.

"Oh My God, Martha, look at that 749...it's got...Zipties on the fairing! Kivetch!!"

I'm all about pissing off the purists!

·
Registered
135 Posts
I am currently making a prototype that incorporates a low profile LED turn signal and a fastener. I want to lose the mirror,but keep the turn signals. It;s a sort of rubber mount that'll fit the curve of the fairing and contain a plastic plate that'll 'internally cinch it to the support with a fastener and support the flexible LED. The only real challenge is adapting/ cutting down a a clear cover from an existing common automotive turn signal/marker light of some sort...finding one that will follow the curve of the fairing.if it works I'll have one of the plastics plants in China I deal with make a few dozen sets of the mount ,and then print up some instructions on how to carve up the standard cover. Prolly just give them away or something to interested parties.

I'll post pics when the prototype is done.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Kozik, I'm in for this as well, and the sooner, the better. :)

*Dan

·
Super Senior Poster
6,328 Posts
Ask a guy by the name of Henri at Moto-Science mirrors in CA. He sells all sorts of mirrors and TS kits for Ducati's. IIRC he also supplies the replacement parts for the Ducati Performance mirrors..which use a block off press fit plug.
Maybe he can help out. I run the DP Corse mirrors which use only the rear hole for fitment, the front is plugged.

·
Registered
513 Posts
Same here with the pictures.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts