Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been attempting to replace the harness on my '05 999 and I've got pretty much everything where it should go except for this one cable (pictured below)

Can anyone tell me where it goes? I have confirmed it is a GROUND/Earth.

I thought it went to the solenoid thingy sitting to the left of the ECU but I'm not sure. Does it go to the ECU?

It didn't come from the rectifier as its too far up AND I never undid the rectifier at all for it to have come out.

The bike powers on at this point, but I dont have most of the rest of the harness connected. I am also getting a flashing "key" with "code" written underneath it.

Also for the wires (not pictured) labeled A and B on the harness that go to the top of each cylinder, which one goes to which? is the vertical cylinder considered A? or the horizontal one?

·
Registered
132 Posts
I'm assuming the 998 harness is the same because of the Testa. On the 998, there is a ground wire that bolts to the top left side of the ecu if you're looking at the bike from the right side. It's somewhat on the backside of the ECU. You're mystery wire looks just like the wire I speak of. I was in there messing around a couple of days ago.

I can take a pic if you would like, but not till later this afternoon.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts