Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Retired Pipe Polisher C2H6O+
19,081 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There are two ground wires going through the base of the fuel pump assembly. The one going directly to the pump is a slightly larger gauge than the one going to the level sensor and regulator. The larger one has gone open somehow. The smaller one is still good and the pump will run using it.

Can I use the smaller one for the pump? Will it carry enough current?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Premium Member
5,476 Posts
It has worked in the past as a temporary fix for me. I do think you will have a failure again due to the size but what do you have to lose in the short term. I had a m695 run a season on that setup but if you have one failure the rest are often soon behind.

·
Retired Pipe Polisher C2H6O+
19,081 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. I may just leave it like this for a while since I rarely ride it. I did the wiring replacement in my Monster and that was a pain.

·
Registered
5 Posts
There are two ground wires going through the base of the fuel pump assembly. The one going directly to the pump is a slightly larger gauge than the one going to the level sensor and regulator. The larger one has gone open somehow. The smaller one is still good and the pump will run using it.

Can I use the smaller one for the pump? Will it carry enough current?

yes. you can use a small one because you're working with a ground wire

1 - 4 of 4 Posts