Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was advised by my local Ducati dealer that a simple o-ring for my fuel pump/ fuel tank was a "special order" item and that they needed 5-7 weeks to bring it in. On top of that I needed to pay for the order at time of ordering for a mere $28/ o-ring. :eek:

Just wanted to post that after a little searching I found the o-ring at John Deere for $6.00. I know that even that is expensive for a o-ring, but it is Saturday and none of the usual gasket/ seal places are open today. So if anyone needs one like I did.... nothin' runs like a Deere ;)

If anyone cares I can post up the item# later.

PS- as it turns out if I REALLY wanted a "Ducati" o-ring I'll be in Italy in 3 weeks, so technically I could get one faster than the dealership. :D

·
Registered
23 Posts
If anyone wants to buy a low-cost but serviceable alternative for the 996 etc (same for 999?), you could also try an engineering supplier for a 120mm i/d X 3.5mm wall thickness O ring in VITON (gas resistant)
$3 equivalent in UK:)

·
Registered
77 Posts
I was advised by my local Ducati dealer that a simple o-ring for my fuel pump/ fuel tank was a "special order" item and that they needed 5-7 weeks to bring it in. On top of that I needed to pay for the order at time of ordering for a mere $28/ o-ring. :eek:

Just wanted to post that after a little searching I found the o-ring at John Deere for $6.00. I know that even that is expensive for a o-ring, but it is Saturday and none of the usual gasket/ seal places are open today. So if anyone needs one like I did.... nothin' runs like a Deere ;)

If anyone cares I can post up the item# later.

PS- as it turns out if I REALLY wanted a "Ducati" o-ring I'll be in Italy in 3 weeks, so technically I could get one faster than the dealership. :D
So what is the John deere part number for that o-ring I need one for my 2003 999

1 - 5 of 5 Posts