Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Super Senior Poster
6,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Would like to replace my fuel lines. OEM cost $50 including clamps.:eek: While I'm at it I'll probably replace the tubes on the fuel pump, fuel pump filter, clamps and new O-ring.
Any recommendations?
I'll just grab everything at Desmo-Times...1 stop shopping.:)

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
If its anything like England you will get an awful shock at the price they charge for a fuel pump O ring . £16 ( $25) for one O ring. Find one from else where if you can they are 90mm x 3.5mm . The 90mm is the internal diameter . Made of Nitrile rubber I believe . You will get 5 for $5 off a well known auction site.

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
For the fuel lines, NAPA has what you need. Including the fuel filter which is part number 3032.

For the o-rings, you can buy them on McMaster-Carr. For the 999 749 fuel pump flange they are dash no 239: 1/8" x 3-5/8" x 3-7/8"
Viton p/n 9464K122
Mil Spec Viton p/n 1201T871

You can also get the o-rings that go on the quick disconnect. Those are dash no 011: 1/16" x 5/16" x 7:16"
Viton p/n 9464K16
Mil Spec Viton p/n 1201T22

It would save you quite a bit of money...

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
For the fuel lines, NAPA has what you need. Including the fuel filter which is part number 3032.

For the o-rings, you can buy them on McMaster-Carr. For the 999 749 fuel pump flange they are dash no 248: 5" x 4-3/4" x 1/8"
Viton p/n 9464K126
Mil Spec Viton p/n 1201T88.It would save you quite a bit of money...
Unless U.S. inches are different to U.K. inches , which they are not , you are way off with your sizes.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Unless U.S. inches are different to U.K. inches , which they are not , you are way off with your sizes.
Crap, you're right. I don't know where I got that one from. The correct dash no is actually 239. I've updated my prior post to avoid confusion. Sorry!!! :abduct:

·
Super Senior Poster
6,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Great info than you!
My one fuel line ( return?)that runs over the right side of the cam cover has become pretty stiff and worn where it rests on the cover. It's been about 8K miles since I replaced the fuel filter.....
The OEM stuff is just stupid expensive! I would understand if it were a "part" like a peg, or body piece. But to charge 5+ times the price for "off the shelf" O-rings, filters, and gas lines then label it Ducati OEM is ridiculous !

1 - 6 of 6 Posts