Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is a "locating pin" on the front of the 999 side fairing, just above the bolt which fastens the side fairing to the headlight fairing. On my '03 999 the pins are missing (broken off ?)on both side fairings, which leads to a poor fit between the fairing pieces. On the headlight fairing the pin fits into a rubber bushing. I am wondering if anyone else has had this problem, and if so, how it might be fixed ?

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
These pins can fall out. You should be able to see where they would go in the fairing if you still had the pins.

I think I have found the proper part number: 832.1.030.1A FAIRING SEC.PIN 749-999 B/03

You can order parts from either your dealer or on-line. I suggest verifying that this is the proper part.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
These pins can fall out. You should be able to see where they would go in the fairing if you still had the pins.

I think I have found the proper part number: 832.1.030.1A FAIRING SEC.PIN 749-999 B/03

You can order parts from either your dealer or on-line. I suggest verifying that this is the proper part.
Thanks much, I have ordered the parts!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts