Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got a 04 and I am looking at Termis, is there a way to tell the differences between a stock can vs a Termi? I saw one on fleabay but I think best to ask the experts before I commit. Don't want to buy a fake with a sticker.

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Just got a 04 and I am looking at Termis, is there a way to tell the differences between a stock can vs a Termi? I saw one on fleabay but I think best to ask the experts before I commit. Don't want to buy a fake with a sticker.
I didn't go with a Termi, but I do know that Ducati changed the bike from 04 to 05. Make sure that the system you buy (in case you are buying a full system) fits your bike. The swing arm is different and the motor is different.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Since the xx9 exhaust is very unique there are fewer manufacturers producing slip ons and full systems for those models than...say...Jap bikes. I'm sure every maker will tell you theirs is best or produces more HP & TQ, or is more compatable with the stock ECU...blah blah blah. Of course sound and looks count for something as well as cost. I have a Leo Vince slip on and have replaced the mid pipe with theirs as well. I've not had her on the dyno but know the HP & TQ are greater...to what degree I don't know. They look menacing as you can tell from my avatar. The sound is awesome. Bottom line...read up on the choices available and listen to a few bikes of the same model as yours then decide. Unless you are racing you'll likely enjoy the sound more than anything else.

·
Premium Member
2,369 Posts
The termi will have larger exhaust outlets (larger rectangle shapes than stock), other than that it will look very similar. The exhaust should come with a carbon fiber cover. Some will say termi exhaust but it will be factory. Be careful.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Damn, bad timing to ask, I had both there today side by side and could have sent you a picture.

The stock openings on the back are very small, maybe an inch and a half wide, the Termi's are closer to 2.5. I will measure the stock one tomorrow and have Zoom measure the slip on when he gets it in the mail next week.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Also they are quite different at the inlets to the muffler - the standard has inlets in the same pressing as the muffler body and the Termignoni has a rectangular inlet with a plate, rivetted in with a band on the outside, with the inlets welded onto it. If you hop onto Ebay and see a standard exhaust and then find a picture of a termignoni you'll see the difference straight away.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts