Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

I have the blanking bolt missing from my front down pipe, its just called a plug in the manual, it goes where the exhaust runs along the sump, looks like a lamba sensor should go in there, does anyone know the size and length of bolt i need.

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
264 Posts
Hi all

I have the blanking bolt missing from my front down pipe, its just called a plug in the manual, it goes where the exhaust runs along the sump, looks like a lamba sensor should go in there, does anyone know the size and length of bolt i need.

Thanks in advance
It's an access point for a gas tester (for reading CO levels in order to determine if your engine is running lean vs. rich). Check ducati omaha for a price on it if you don't have a dealer nearby as I'd think you'd want and exact fit for this location.

rats... i just read that you're across the pond.. ducati omaha is probably not your best option for international shipping... sorry about that... i'll pull one off my ST4 when i get home tonight and measure it up for you... I wouldn't imagine it to be any different on a 999

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Many thanks for that, go easy though mate, i tried to get the bolt out of my spare pipe wasn't having it, tried GT85 spray, heating it up too, but it just snapped off, i only need a temporary fix until i get one on order to get it through my MOT on Saturday

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Many thanks for all the help, i brought a new plug + washer for £6.50 from Ducati Wolverhampton.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts