Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

999 eobd light and cutting out.

2K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  900MAN 
#1 ·
Hi
Driving along yesterday, and the engine dies and the eobd light comes on.
It then did not want to start. Lo Bat warning pops up.
Finally got it to start.Light goes out.Drove 50 miles, stuggled to start. drove 80 miles left it for the day whilst wartching WSB at silverstone. Struggled to start. Got home after a 140 mile drive, struggled to start again this morning. lo bat sign.
The bike doe's have a datatool alarm, so I know that can drain the bat, do you think putting an optimate on will get things back to normal.?
PS The service light has also come on only 1000miles past when it was last serviced.
HELP please
I'm off round Europe next week. :eek:

#3 ·
Could be your alarm draining the Batt...Did it work fine before you installed the Alarm...I would buy a scorpio alarm or the DP alarm...OH..and a new battery...Or try to place your batt on a conditioner...

#7 ·
so an Optimate was called in to service.
Popped out earlier and made the mistake of stalling at the bottom of the hill half a mile from home.
Pushed it back up the hill (puff puff) and have found these error codes.
So what do I do to make the problems go away?
12.2 Inj1 shorted to earth
13.2 Inj2 shorted to earth
Ps the fuel pump doesn't seem to power up on ignition
and I cant get rid of the eobd light using the throttle method
PPS I aslo cant disarm the datatool 3 (followed the instructions) to remove the battery to get to the pump relay
Arghhhhhhhhhhh

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.