Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys, I recall reading when i first joined here that it is possible to swap a 999s/r ecu onto a base 999 and would yield a gain in HP due to the different map. could anyone verify or put this claim to rest? thanks!

·
Registered
178 Posts
Hi
Your best a cheapest bet would be to get DucatiDiag setup, that way you can put any 999 map you want on your ecu.

·
Registered
173 Posts
For all that I know is that you can't swap stock ecu's
there are locked.
you can swap performance ecu because these are not locked.
for example the 999 rsa 57mm termignoni ecu can be swapped.
easiest way is putting a PC3 on your bike and download a mapping

·
Registered
3,642 Posts
hey guys, I recall reading when i first joined here that it is possible to swap a 999s/r ecu onto a base 999 and would yield a gain in HP due to the different map. could anyone verify or put this claim to rest? thanks!

Swapping OEM ECU's will most likely make the bike run worse.

Going with a dyno-tuned custom map in a fully adjustable ECU, i.e. Microtek or Nemesis, can net some power gains, but minimal without mechanical changes to the engine.

·
Just Visiting Your Planet
11,824 Posts
Where do I find like a chart of values my ecu should be reading on a stock 999
Ask someone that has a stock bin file to share it with you and compare it to what you have now. You need to state what year and submodel it's for because things sometimes change from year to year and from model to model.

Are you familiar with accessing the ECU?

·
Registered
12 Posts
As has been said in this thread, you can't simply swap one OEM ECU for another because each ECU is coded to the immobiliser chip that is inside the dash.

But to answer rocket455's question about power gains with a 999R map on a standard bike which I think was the original intention, the answer is still no. The 999R map is made to suit this engine's shorter stroke and different cam timing so if you were to flash a 999 or 999S ECU with a 999R map (which can be done using a cheap cable and free software - provided you can find the map) the bike would actually run worse.

Same goes for flashing a 999S map on a standard 999. Those extra 10hp don't come from the map alone, there is a different cam profile (at least on Gen1) between 999 and 999S.

Now what you can do is flash the Ducati Performance map for you variant of 999 and exhaust (again, provided you can find the map - this is the hardest task) which will make the engine feel a bit revier at the expense of mid range grunt.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts