Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are all 999 black models just a 999S? Where as the 749 had a Dark model and was a black version of the base model?

Third question, is there a case from the 916 to the 999 (every model) along with the SS bikes, where the nut on the transmission output shaft that holds the clutch drum to the shaft was not the same?

·
Premium Member
5,151 Posts
I believe the 999 was s based and the 749 was the real poverty pack with not even an adjustable steering stem or footpegs.
Clutch hub bolt from memory all the same. The 10-1198 were different.

·
Registered
3,977 Posts
the black 999 is gloss black, so it's a black 999 of some sort. i don't recall if they were s specific or not now

the dark are matt black, or some sort of low sheen - rob will know about that, i don't know paint. all monsters, sport (ss), 749 were the low budget starting block sort of thing - as rob says, cheaper suspension, swingarms, single disc on some, etc.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Just personal taste, however I always thought the 999 looked very appealing in gloss black. And since I already had a Rosso 96 900 SS/SP in the stable, I was hunting for a Nero 999S Mono. I never quite got the reason for a Biposto version, I mean what insane female would climb on the back of that? It's already a uncomfortable bike, add even a petite Supermodel in the mix I would expect lots of complaining chin music after a few miles. She's certainly going to have a hot butt very quickly.

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts