Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im looking at importing a 999S into australia and have spoken to a dealer in Sydney about having the Australian Compliance done. I was woundering if there was other people who do compliancing ? And has anyone had expirienc with this process ?

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Here's all the information from the powers that be. If you go through the options to import there is a list of people to do the certification. You need to buy some parts to do the right side to left side switch. Bringing in a base model the costs might not be worth the difference in Australian price for the bike and in the end you still have a grey market bike.

https://infrastructure.gov.au/vehicles/imports/import_options/index.aspx

I have container space if you can get it together in a month or so. The costs to bring a single bike in can go well over 3 grand.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you I'll have a read. I was looking at an S or R so may be worth it. Shame the dollar isn't where it was a couple years back !!. Probably won't make the deadline for your container which is unfortunate.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I imported my bike and used a company in Melbourne and will use the same company again. They where perfect - I also used them to import my Camaro with nothing but praise.

My friend used a company in NSW to bring his 1098R and they absolutely stuffed the bike up completely and charged like a wounded bull - I do not recommend one bit. Please beware who you use or it WILL cost you a lot more in the long run.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts