Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i am getting ready to purchase my dream bike of a 999. Now i am looking at serveral options for purhcase and while one bike i am looking at is a red one( the color of choice when it comes to italian machinery) and now this yellow one i found for about 1000 less. My question is this, does a complete color change take away from the value of the motorcycle? Also Should i be nervous about buying a 999 with 14000 miles (the red one) or 21000 (the yellow one)? Thanks

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
most prefer to own a red 999. There are far more red ones than any other color.
Red ones seem to go for more since it's in higher demand.
21000 miles while high by some Ducatisti's standards, it's not very much as long as maintenance has been kept up. Look for maintenance history when buying these bikes.
A 21K mile with good history is better than a 11k mile with poor history.

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
21000 miles while high by some Ducatisti's standards, it's not very much as long as maintenance has been kept up. Look for maintenance history when buying these bikes.
A 21K mile with good history is better than a 11k mile with poor history.
ditto.

as for the color, just buy the one you like better ;)

·
Registered
72 Posts
Red.

I heard Ducati red is made of a special polymer that is twice as light as any other color. Makes just a liiiiiiiiiiitle bit faster than the others.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,441 Posts
fwiw a quality paint job on a ducati superbike could easy be $1000. fwiw yellow really makes the xx9 style ''pop''.at one time i'd never think i'd own a yellow vehicle,now i'd never own a xx9 that wasn't

·
Registered
797 Posts
Don't worry too much about re-sale, look towards the color that stirrs you, and makes you say, Yeah! Unless of course you plan on dumping it soon after buying.

Colors are an emotional kind of thing.

While I do own a black 999S (the fastest color) if I was re-painting mine again (I just painted mine 4 months ago), yellow might be my second choice. There were more red ones produced, so we have more red owners.

Ferarri produces more Red cars than any other color, why? Because of long time color branding for their cars, people associate red with Ferarri's. same with Ducati's. Yet different color Ferarri's do not sell for less $$.........

Whatever color makes you smile more.

As already stated documented service records are #1 with any used Ducati purchase.....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts