Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It seems like a pretty small issue but I thought I would ask to make sure.
The clock on my 999 seems to have a mind of its own. This year it has reset itself to 0:00AM three times. This just started happening this year and has never happened before. Sounds minor I know, the bike runs great I just wanted to see if anybody else has had this issue. I am still on the original battery.....maybe it needs replaced?

Thanks

Nick

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
I have the same issue on my new to me 749R.

I was going to get around to replacing the battery at some point in the future, but can't really bring myself to do so when while cranking it still reads 11.6...and never has an issue cranking...

I should also note that when you first turn the key, mine doesn't read the full S (or I guess it should read R?) down in the lower left hand corner of the display (when it displays the 749 and USA). It only displays the top part of it.

I only noticed this after seeing a friends 749S display the full S on key turn.

Not sure if that's part of the same issue or not.

I believe the bike has a DP ECU, but I also haven't gotten around to checking for that either...lol

·
Registered
366 Posts
It seems like a pretty small issue but I thought I would ask to make sure.
The clock on my 999 seems to have a mind of its own. This year it has reset itself to 0:00AM three times. This just started happening this year and has never happened before. Sounds minor I know, the bike runs great I just wanted to see if anybody else has had this issue. I am still on the original battery.....maybe it needs replaced?

Thanks

Nick
I believe clocks gets rested when there is no power ~ so it could also be

some sort of bad electric connection from the battery ~ maybe you should

also check your wiring from the dash to the main battery ~~

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
I have owned three 999 models, none ever had an issue with the display or clock. Only time the clocks ever went to 00:00 was when I disconnected the battery. Since the display is only held in place by rubber gromets, why don't you lift it up and check for any open wires and a solid connection in addition to the comments about checking the battery & connection from that end. Those are quite visible by just removing the left side fairing.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks everyone, it seems like a pretty straight forward issue. I dont think its the battery because I have no problem starting the bike and it reads normal voltage on the display. I'll check the connections.

Thanks again,

Nick

1 - 6 of 6 Posts