Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are there any clipons that dont require replacement brake and clutch reservoirs? Also, anyone angle the levers down by removing the pins that lock the reservour in place on the bar? Thanks__________________

·
Registered
3,642 Posts
You can remove the locating pins without any problems. They're just there to assist with installation at the factory, to ensure everything is located where no interference will be made; Basically Ducati covereing their ass from any liability issues.

Why the need to change reservoirs? The OEM reservoirs generally offer more clearance than remote reservoirs. They are, however angled to sit level when mounted to the stock bars.

·
Premium Member
1,059 Posts
My LSL clipons caused a very minor interference with the fairing when raised to the highest position on the fork. Leaving them 1/4" lower would have removed that.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I dont want to replace the stock reservoir. Hoping that I could find a set of clipons that work with the stock reservoirs.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Fogot to mention that I do most riding on the track and dont mind the angle of the stock bars. Would like to get a clip on that is a little longer for more leverage in fast turns.

·
Registered
3,642 Posts
Fogot to mention that I do most riding on the track and dont mind the angle of the stock bars. Would like to get a clip on that is a little longer for more leverage in fast turns.
Gotcha... there's a place on ebay that sells a nice inexpensive clipon that has the same angle as OEM; I had them on my 749. I think I paid $99 shipped and they were suprisingly good quality. I'll try to find a link for you tonight.

·
Registered
123 Posts
It can be done.

Trying to adapt my 50-something year old body to my 749,
I immediately angled-down both the clutch and brake levers
to keep my hands and arms more in-line, and less likely to
induce carpal tunnel, repetitive motion syndrome, etc.
Even though a shop mechanic told me I should NEVER do
that, it's been 2+ years and 16,000 miles of riding without
a problem. (I even installed BLACK after-market levers, too!)

·
Registered
3,850 Posts
Gotcha... there's a place on ebay that sells a nice inexpensive clipon that has the same angle as OEM; I had them on my 749. I think I paid $99 shipped and they were suprisingly good quality. I'll try to find a link for you tonight.
I've got a set of those if you're interested, I don't know if they're the same based on the fact I payed more than that, I got them under the impression that were adjustable but they're not so I went with speedymoto for 3x the price. They're still virgin.

·
Registered
3,850 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.