Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking at purchasing a CF Tail Piece originally from Carbon World a Chinese manufacturer from a member here.. This particular unit does not have the threaded mounting stub in the back half of the tail Piece for screwing in the Push Pin that inserts into the rubber grommet in the center of the sub frame.. Is this the way some of these CF tail pieces are made? If so, whats the best way to mount these threaded stubs?? My DP CF tail piece from my other 999S this stub was pretty much molded in during manufacture and certainly as strong as the rest of the tail piece..

Thank Guys

RC

·
Premium Member
5,151 Posts
But a new push pin and 2-3 6mm nuts. Mix a small amount of epoxy resin and filling powder. Prep carbon and nuts with rough paper and stick.

·
Registered
3,849 Posts
I bought a fiberglass tail on ebay just to play with and as it turned out it had the push pin glued to the inner crease of the tail, I guess it was some hi strenght epoxy bc I had to use the grinder to persuade it to let go.
I had the cf one from motowheels on my 999r years back and never did put a pin in, it worked just fine then.
Cheers

·
Premium Member
353 Posts
i have a ducati one piece cf tail ms production part # 100173 Q the bottom of the pin sat .250 from the top of the grommet . i took the tail off last week no cracks it was fine .

1 - 4 of 4 Posts