Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Super Senior Poster
6,328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While pulling the cam cover off my 999 the middle stud backed out w/ the nut. Came out very easy, I seperated the two and then tried to put the stud back in-righty tighty...it wouldn't catch and screw in. Tried it the other direction-lefty...still wouldn't grab? Hmmm. I backed out the coil hold down stud on the front cam cover and it screwed right back it-right to left? Any thoughts?
I think I had..overall...the worst day of my life aside from family passing away....unbelieveable rotten day...my Duc was the icing!:(

·
Premium Member
1,059 Posts
If it backed out with CCW rotation it should go back in with CW rotation.

Check the threads on the stud and chase the top few threads in the head with a tap.

Secure with Loc Tite RED

·
Super Senior Poster
6,328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thankyou for your expert advice Brian.....went out and bought a 6mm tap and some red thread locker. Tapped the thread about two turns and backed it out-perfect! The stud went in w/ some thread locker and hopefully the problem is solved permanently! I can't explain how it got this way???maybe at the dealer...the top of the thread was buggered up.
Again, thanks Brian from Canada!:)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts