Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone here have any experience with the Bursi frame? I'm putting together a trackbike based on the Bursi frame and my intention was to use a 749R rear shock w/ linear linkage. However, when I tried to mount the shock and linkage I ran into some problems.

The linkage pinches the top bar of the frame and can't pivot any further.
Is there a different geometry of the Bursi frame compared to the regular frames?

I have had a regular linkage w/ a MUPO shock mounted before and this was no problem.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
That looks strange. Something must be wrong as Bursi would not produce a frame that will not work with OEM Ducati parts I think. I checked the 749R rocker on my bike and yours is mounted the same.

·
I hear airplanes
2,601 Posts
Did you get the 749R ride height rod as well? It's shorter than the non 749R one.

·
Registered
82 Posts
dont worry ,once the wheel is on and the bike is down you wil have all the Clarence you will need. I also have a 749R rear set up and thought I had the same Clarence issue.

·
Registered
314 Posts
that tie rod is too long to be the genuine 749r one and the rocker is wrong too that looks like the std one. The genuine 749r rocker has a much more acute angle and shorter front section.........

·
Premium Member
2,374 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Just to clarify, the 749R rocker in your picture is on the left, correct?

yeah its a poor picture from around 2004 when i put that on my 999r...the '749r one is on the left....

when the 749r one is fitted on the bike and you look from the gear lever side, the shock eye hole is at say 0100 and the tie rod top hole is at around 0700 and looks at a steep angle

to the OP you need to see where its at with the swing arm angle sitting at say 240mm as measured on the ducati swing arm datum tool .

·
Registered
314 Posts
View attachment 124111
This is the suspension w/ linkage and adjuster rod. Seems odd that it would be the wrong parts since they come straight from a 749R ridden by a fellow Ducatisti here in Sweden.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com App
Hmmmm that does look correct from there.........have you set it up with the swing arm at the correct ride height

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
I think it is just that you have no weight on it . The shock is fully extended. With a little weight the tie rod will push it away from the frame .

·
Super Senior Poster
6,328 Posts
+1 on the weight. I swear that FBF had a 999 with that type of frame addition on it, I'll check when I see them later in the week. I recall seeing one as I thought it mimic'd Terblanche's original CNC'd part that was to replace the frame in that area so it would not look like a plumbers pipe/tube. It wasn't as bulky, Terblanche also built a better looking sub frame, however both were dumped due to costs.
Cool part!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts