Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm mounting cat-free 999R cans on my stock 04 999. It sounds great. I haven't ridden yet to see if there's any downside to the change. I've also got a cat-free midpipe that I have yet to swap out. Any benefit to doing this, sound, power or otherwise? Will this change mean that I need to remap, like with a power commander? Any recs are appreciated.

Thanks,
Chris

·
Registered
3,642 Posts
Read the recent PCIII Map post, you're in the same boat. Yes, a marginal benefit to going cat-less with less restriction in the exhaust, in addition to less heat. You really don't need to remap with the half-systems. Go to your local duc dealer and have them richen the stock ECU via the CO trim. Or, you can gain a couple HP on top by going with a PCIII and remap, but the ~$600 cost isn't really justified IMO.

·
Super Senior Poster
6,328 Posts
You will definately feel les heat on your leg and seat, no doubt. My full Termignoni titanium exhaust runs about 10-12+ degrees cooler than my buddies 999 w/ the stock exhaust. The cat resides on the inside of the muffler near the inlet holes and on the horizontal cylinders exhaust pipe.
It will sound great!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts