Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm installing an 848 swingarm in my '03 999S along with a set of Mag Marchesini's that were left over from a MV Brutale. The swingarm install is well documented on here, but I wanted to ask if anyone has experience with a few issues:
  1. The Ducati wheel drive pins are about .390" and the MV are about .490", but the bolt spacing seems to be the same, so I'm hoping to machine out a set of pins and be set.
  2. The 848 axle is smaller than the MV axle, so I'll either be machining a centering ring for the left and a new taper spacer for the right side, or switching to a 1098 axle. Does anyone happen to have a 1098 axle sitting around to measure?
  3. Regarding wheel centering (backspacing) does anyone have a 5.5" wide wheel on a 848/1098/1198 that would be willing to measure the closest distance from the outer rim to the swingarm? If I could get your overall wheel width and that clearance to the swingarm, I can determine how well these MV wheels center.

If I have to sell the MV wheels and get Ducati wheels, that's fine, but they are what I want to use if machining 4 pins and two spacers is all it's going to take.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Check the mv front disc centre and compare it to the duke before you do the rear.
I'm glad you mentioned that before I got too deep. More custom parts needed, so I just made a deal to sell the MV wheels.

If anyone has the following parts, I'm interested:
- 848 Ohlins
- 848 Rear wheel (or a set)

·
Premium Member
5,151 Posts
Evening Grumpy. Before you start selling off we may be able to salvage things. Paying a bit more attention I read you have a 03 S and I assume you have 03 S Ohlins? Can you measure distance between disks on the MV wheel please and let me know. As long as you aren't WIDER then we can do something. And could you post a pic of the MV wheel and discs (assembled) please. And axle diameter (MV).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts