Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How can i tell the differene from the 999 model 2006 and the 999 model 2005?
I was told the frame were red on the new on, but is that alwas true?
Except when the bike is black the frame I black – but I’m only looking for the red one.
It’s difficult to buy a used one if you’re not aware of how to tell the model :confused:
Thanks in advance
Lars G
- Soon to be owner for a 999-06 :D

·
Registered
135 Posts
i believe there are no differences except the base 999 in 2006 only came as a biposto but available as mono or bi in 2005.

·
Registered
150 Posts
vtwin said:
Check the tenth digit of the frame number, 5 vs. 6. But, there is a possibility that an 06 was built in 05..
The tenth digit on the Vehicle ID Number (VIN) represents the model year of the vehicle, be it a car or a motorcycle. Even if it was built in 2005, if the designation was a 2006 model year, the VIN will reflect this.

If the bike is being bought new, the paperwork should reflect the correct model year. Otherwise, that would constitute fraud on behalf of the dealer and would void the agreement allowing you to return it and get payment back in full...theoretically.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
confused?

Thanks for your many helpful awnsers but i still have a question! does the 999 05 and 06 both have 140 bhp?
Thanks in adwance
Lars

·
Registered
813 Posts
vtwins4life said:
The tenth digit on the Vehicle ID Number (VIN) represents the model year of the vehicle, be it a car or a motorcycle. Even if it was built in 2005, if the designation was a 2006 model year, the VIN will reflect this.
Yes that is correct. But, as these machines are made in Italy, there is always the exeption, ie. my bike. The VIN says it's 1998, but actually it is a 1999.

When I found this out, I was a bit freaked, but.. it's only a letter on the frame. :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts