Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Family, Honor, Strength
2,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The more I look at the new V4, the more I want to go back and work on the older 996/998 bikes.

I've been trying since forever to find the all titanium Motocorse exhaust. Finally tracked it down, so I think the ball is starting to roll on the next project.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Back in 2000 or maybe 2001 was racing at Mid-Ohio AHRMA Vintage Fest with my 916. My friend Gregg saved me a spot to pit with them and when I arrived that entire area was full of trick bikes - Bob Smith from Moto Point / Bimota was there and so was Shin Kondo from Moto Corse. I remember Shin had one those 996/998 full Ti exhausts on display and I kept going to check it out in my spare time it was so beautiful. I had seen some Moto Corse stuff before on bikes in my friend's shop but that was the first time I saw that exhaust in person.

·
Registered
60 Posts
The more I look at the new V4, the more I want to go back and work on the older 996/998 bikes.

I've been trying since forever to find the all titanium Motocorse exhaust. Finally tracked it down, so I think the ball is starting to roll on the next project.
Are you willing to share your source or is it a private seller. Reason I ask: Just purchased 2000 748R which is in good condition but will be a project bike (My 1098S is my ride). So I am compiling sources of parts both OEM and aftermarket of high quality.

Thanks if you can. :smile2:

·
Family, Honor, Strength
2,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Are you willing to share your source or is it a private seller. Reason I ask: Just purchased 2000 748R which is in good condition but will be a project bike (My 1098S is my ride). So I am compiling sources of parts both OEM and aftermarket of high quality.

Thanks if you can. :smile2:
Hello there,

I got it from an Ebay seller over the UK.

·
Registered
60 Posts
@yellowducking It almost goes without saying that the bike, as is, looks stunning. The attention to detail and careful selection of parts is a real credit to you. I suspect that I too will be tempted to go down the path you have rather than a restore.

The only thing that stood out (and don't get me wrong, it's not a criticism), is the absence of braided lines. Are they on the To-do list or do you intend to stay OEM? :nerd:

·
Family, Honor, Strength
2,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Sorry guys, I'll come back and address your questions and comments in a bit.

I've been working like a mad-man on the bike, taking advantage of a short vacation from work.

Just a quick latest pic. I'll be posting lots of pictures later on.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Pure sex.
I wish I could get my bike as clean but I guess the only way is to take it all apart...!

·
Family, Honor, Strength
2,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Stuffed everything in boxes.

Since I don't ever sell my bikes, most likely I will never open these boxes of stock parts ever again.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts