Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you think a 998 with ALL carbon fiber bodywork and tank would look nice? Or would it look better with it painted the ducati red but let it show the carbo accents??
I was thinking of going ALL carbon fiber on the body work. Opinions Please!!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,163 Posts
webwarrior said:
Do you think a 998 with ALL carbon fiber bodywork and tank would look nice? Or would it look better with it painted the ducati red but let it show the carbo accents??
I was thinking of going ALL carbon fiber on the body work. Opinions Please!!
To me, and this is only one opinion, carbon fiber has become so common that it is starting to look cheesy and tacky. It's the chrome of the Ducati world. If you must have it, I would suggest painting it with minimal, if any, carbon showing through.

Tony
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
324 Posts
There's a 9xx all carbon fiber sitting at BCM for sale.

All body work, tank, wheels, Ohlins suspension yadda yadda yadda.

I'd rather have it mostly red or race replica paint with just a few spots of CF showing.

The bike that they have is hot, in it's own way... and it's got all the trick bits. I'm sure it shaves a TON of weight too.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Link? Also, how much are they asking?

LuvDog said:
There's a 9xx all carbon fiber sitting at BCM for sale.

All body work, tank, wheels, Ohlins suspension yadda yadda yadda.

I'd rather have it mostly red or race replica paint with just a few spots of CF showing.

The bike that they have is hot, in it's own way... and it's got all the trick bits. I'm sure it shaves a TON of weight too.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
835 Posts
i think it would look really nice
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
8,735 Posts
I think theres a picture still on the Motowheels website showing their all CF 999. I've seen the bike in person and it was absolutely sick. Why paint CF, if anything show it off. Paint it tastefully and leave a little CF behind, because it looks great clearcoated.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
80 Posts
thats an expensive crash if you ever put it down. i'd go with sharkskinz bodywork and some custom but not to flashy paint. i think leaving the fairings in plain carbon is almost the same as buying race bodywork and not painting it. it looks kinda tacky i think. the 999R's use of carbon is very tasteful i think
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
137 Posts
I would buy the carbon bodywork and paint it but leave the number plates in bare carbon. The full carbon body without paint is just a little too over the top for me.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
835 Posts
i'd like to have a full carbon one like that for my living room!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,545 Posts
SouthsideDuc said:
To me, and this is only one opinion, carbon fiber has become so common that it is starting to look cheesy and tacky. It's the chrome of the Ducati world. If you must have it, I would suggest painting it with minimal, if any, carbon showing through.

Tony

I've come to think of CF in the same way. I agree that CF highlights are the way to go.

bruce19
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,203 Posts
The only reason to use CFRP is for its weight/strength attributes, not for looks.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
93 Posts
i myself fought with this question. and after looking at countless pics, i think the cf stuff looks great painted over with just some of it showing through. some cf air runners and airbox, the heel plates, swingarm guard, etc., all look good. but take that bike in the pic for example, its got cf everything and a steel tank, they couldnt even manage to paint the underside gray. too much in my opinion. my vote is to paint it like the corsa stuff. leaving it for the number boards like the one guy said would be killer too.
 
1 - 20 of 44 Posts
Top