Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello.

Does anyone have a picture of the contents of the factory tool kit for a 998.

My bike came with a kit that looks like it was picked over. Lots of missings tools. I don't even have the eccentric adjuster for the chain.

I understand the OEM tools are crap but it would be nice to know what I'm missing.

·
Registered
5,137 Posts
If you look in the owners manual (Page 36) it shows what tools there are, manual can be downloaded from; http://www.duc.nu/manuals/

But you're right the tools are crap, the only ones I've used are the Chain adjuster and the front wheel alignment tool - although you could make do without the front wheel tool. :)

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
And on Ducati's site they have manuals for previous years. The toolkitl by the way is like $25 from my dealer.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Super Moderator
8,215 Posts
level7 said:
Yeah, I saw that. That's what prompted this post. I know the 998 has an adjustable headset and I think the tool is shaped like the eccentric tool for the rear hub, so there should be 2 of them?... so is that kit for a 748?
It´s the same. You don´t get the special tool to adjust the steeringangle, only the one for your rear excentric..

·
Registered
5,137 Posts
You don't get the head angle tool in the kit (unless it's the same tool as the chain adjuster?), I wouldn't pay $25 for the tool kit, just get a good quality chain adjuster and you'll be OK.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
amullo said:
Now I´m just waiting for Level 7 to say "Hey, that´s the guy i bought the bike from!"

:D :D :D :D

//amullo
Ha ha, almost, the guy that sold me the bike didn't give me the stock mirrors :( he had put on the speedzilla mirrors
)...then....I saw the OEM mirrors on ebay a month or two after.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts