Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a tail fairing from my 998R that I’m trying to ID. The previous owner wasn’t sure of its provenance and the first owner is no where to be found. It’s a race fairing without the tail light cutouts but painted to match a 998R pretty much perfectly down to the three stickers; two grey “Ducati Superbike” and a Corsa sticker on top. Underneath it has the helmet lock sticker (stuck on top of the resin) and a barcode under I’m assuming resin. I tried to get a good picture of the barcode but nothing good came out. In person it looks really close to the barcode on other Ducati fairings but I can’t make out the part number. I’m just wondering if anyone else has encountered a fairing like this? I was thinking third party with a really good paint job but the bar code and helmet sticker underneath make me think it might be some OEM Ducati part?

I’m away from the bike right now but Wed/Thu I can get some more specific pictures if folks are interested. I also need a bigger towel to set it on instead of four microfiber clothes.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,226 Posts
That's the OEM fairing. They came with headlight inserts in the nose fairing and these on the back. You could order with the lights and everything on where you ended up with that same fairing with the cutouts.

Did you not get the entire bike? Does it have lights and turn signals and a kickstand? It's possible that your bike came in "race" configuration. Mine did. I can send pics of what that looks like if you want. The US delivered 996R's also came like that but the tail had a heavy duty vinyl piece over the lights. Mine still has that on there. They went a little more legit with the 998R :) .

·
Premium Member
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yep, the fairing came with the rest of the bike :)

I honestly didn’t know they could come in that configuration without the tail cutouts; learning new things! Was getting confused by it since all the 998R’s I’ve seen had the cutouts and this one didn’t. It does have a kickstand, front lights, rear license plate and turn signals/brake light combo (those lights are aftermarket) and is registered for the street.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts