Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I cannot find a source for this bearing from any of the local bearing supply houses.

Worse than that, it is not demonstrated in the Ducati parts manual (none of the hub parts are), so the Ducati dealership can't help either, except to order the whole hub......

Any ideas on how to source a BAH 0062 X12 bearing??

·
Registered
228 Posts
I might be able to help you on the hub bearings. I got the bearings through work. Most of the Duc shops told me I had to buy the complete Hub assembly. I found the sealed ball bearings here in town at a local shop and had to order the roller bearing and two seals. The roller bearing and seals took a while to get but worked great. Ill send you the bearing info for the hub stuff tomorrow afternoon. Ill find the roller bearing and two sealed bearings for the pivot of the swingarm too. Might try ebay, thats another place I found some of the parts.

·
Premium Member
1,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have located all of the swingarm pivot bearings at local bearing supply houses. 2 sealed ball bearings. 2 open needle bearings

The needle bearing in the hub is in fine shape, so it will stay.

The only bearing I can't find is the BAH 0062 X12 bearing. It is listed as an "angular contact double row ball bearing". My engineer buddy said that this bearing cannot be replaced with a roller bearing.

I look forward to your information, Matt.

·
Registered
724 Posts
May help you.....I assume spindle - but looks like they may be the swingarm bearings, not the spindle brgs only the seals??? Already having the swingarm brgs you'll know...... probably doesn't help you much...

http://www.ducati.ms/forums/showthread.php?t=67138

Post #3 Care of Muschi:

you can order the rear wheel bearings for sure,
i'd go to a professional bearing shop therefore.

bearings for a 998 street application ( 55mm axle ) as follows:

2x SKF 6007 2RS bearing
1x NK42/30 needle bearing
2x shaft seal ring 42-52-4mm

cheers.

·
Registered
805 Posts
The SKF BAH0062 bearing can be ordered through a SKF dealer, at least over here. :)

Just find the dealer and tell them, it's a special order bearing, it might not even show on their lists, but they can get it. Price should be somewhere in the 50 +/- 10 EUR region.

I researched this a while back; I didn't replace it, but that is what I found out.

·
Premium Member
1,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The SKF BAH0062 bearing can be ordered through a SKF dealer, at least over here. :)

Just find the dealer and tell them, it's a special order bearing, it might not even show on their lists, but they can get it. Price should be somewhere in the 50 +/- 10 EUR region.

I researched this a while back; I didn't replace it, but that is what I found out.
I have talked to the local bearing vendors and they insist that they can't access it.:mad:

If anyone can provide me with contact information from someone that can, I would be happy to order from there.

·
Premium Member
1,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
New info that doesn't help up here....

Ducati part number 70240111A

Anyone have one on the shelf?

·
Registered
3,393 Posts
no problem

It is in stock at MSC Industrial supply, their item number 08317380. Price is $216.59

FWIW, I had our buyer get this quote from them. He wouldn't know a Ducati from a Datsun but asked me if this was for a Ducati motorcycle. Turns out this is in the standard SKF data base.

Never accept no for an answer

·
Premium Member
1,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
1/2 the North American price, to be sure......

My online search revealed a much wider availability of this bearing in Europe. In fact, SKF USA said that they could source it.............. from Austria......:eek:

I have discovered that a local Ducati dealer, Sport Cycle, in Calgary has 7 of them in stock................ for $202.00 :eek:

I have made contact with the Canadian SKF rep in Vancouver (Pete Kelly) who advises that this is an uncommon bearing, and in fact has never been sold by SKF in Canada..... but, it is available from Europe, in 4-6 weeks, for $100.00. Now that there is real customer service..... a national level rep digging that hard for a one-bearing sale.

·
Premium Member
1,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Another forum member informs me that he has substituted a pair of SKF Explorer 346E 6007 2RSJEM bearings for this OEM double-track unit. The SKF engineering consultant suggested that this could be appropriate, and is in fact what is done in many applications and is also specifically what the Explorer line of angular contact bearings are made for.

Interesting.....

1 - 13 of 13 Posts