Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Just wondering what are the options out there for upgrading the forks on the 998? It already has the Ohlins shock stock. Looks like the only thing that Ohlins makes for the bike is the steering damper (which is nice, and I have already gotten that to replace the non-adjustable Showa unit). Does not appear that they make a straight bolt-on R&T forks for the bike.

So one can probably source the Ohlins from the 998R / 998S Bayliss / Bostrom, but that would mean you'd need to change the triple tree as well. Does Ohlins make a cartridge kit for the stock Showa forks?

Or places like RaceTech / LE?

I am just curious as the motivation is not due to the lack of performance or anything. I don't track nowadays and I am sure at my riding level, any sort of forks will do. But we all like to upgrade our bikes, right?! :D

Thoughts?

·
Registered
746 Posts
I have used the Racetch Valving kits on the front of my 998 Showa's.
Difference whilst riding on the road from stock setup is very noticeable, I would say very well spent $$$.
Not alot of $$$ either as opposed to RT fork etc etc

get in touch with - Race Tech Suspension

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the feedback. RaceTech is definitely one of the possibilities. I am just curious if there's other options out there.

It looks like there's no easy Ohlins forks swap..

Does Ohlins makes internal kits for these forks?

·
Premium Member
977 Posts
There's a lot you can do depending on your wallet.

You can bolt on Ohlins from 1098S or 1098 showa with Ohlins cartridge. You'll have to get triple, axle, calipers, but anything is possible money talk.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, the budget is definitely a concern.. ha ha! The key is not to buy new triple, etc, etc.

Too bad that there's no direct Ohlins replacement R&T forks..

I don't see people selling the setup (used) from the 998S/R often either..

·
Registered
374 Posts
I'm in the same boat. I'm debating what route to go in upgrading my 996 brakes and suspension. If I go Ohlins, I figure it would be at least $4k to upgrade plus the cussing that goes along with doing the swap.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It would be nice if Ohlins makes some cartridge upgrade kit for these forks..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts