Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Should I turn my 998 into a Street Fighter?
I do have on order a perfect left fairing, right fairing and a 54mm sil motors exhaust that will replace the missing items on my bike but I was wondering.. Since I can rebuilt it, should I turn it into a Streetfighter?

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Don't mess with a legend. Restore it :)

Leave the streetfighting to the KawYamazukias

Where are you getting your SilMotor Exhaust from. I'm trying to find a set of stickers for the cans and NO ONE has them...

·
Premium Member
8,740 Posts
Break the mold, dare to be defiant, resist the norm; a party, a puff, a tragedy - Street Fighter: the assassin of youth!

·
Registered
96 Posts
webwarrior said:
Should I turn my 998 into a Street Fighter?
I do have on order a perfect left fairing, right fairing and a 54mm sil motors exhaust that will replace the missing items on my bike but I was wondering.. Since I can rebuilt it, should I turn it into a Streetfighter?
You would run the risk of being stoned on the way to work by Ducati fans.

j/k - But I'd leave the street fighter look to the YamKawSuzHon riding in shorts, t-shirt, sandel crowd .

To each is own through.........

-CC

·
Registered
3,448 Posts
trid741 said:
How about this?
I wonder if there was some easy way to graft some '90-'98 Supersport CR half-fairings to the SBK nose. That may create an interesting look.

·
Registered
142 Posts
I'm not sure why you would want to get away from what is considered by many to be the most timeless motorcycle design ever. Ducati makes streetfighter bikes, buy a Monster.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
webwarrior said:
theses were some sets that my friend had.. Its was the 50/54 1/2 system.
I hate the red stickers so I took the stickers off
I kind of like the SilMotor Stickers. They are different

The posur that had my bike before me put Termi stickers on the SilMotor cans.

Its very hard to find those SilMotor stickers.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Being that the Sil Motors can's are RACE ONLY cans, I doubt you'll find the stickers.. Good luck on your search though
level7 said:
I kind of like the SilMotor Stickers. They are different

The posur that had my bike before me put Termi stickers on the SilMotor cans.

Its very hard to find those SilMotor stickers.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I think on the cyclecat website they have a project 996 naked bike. It got flipped over so they made it a naked bike. I think it looks pretty decent.

I'd consider it if my fairings got trashed.

·
Registered
2,441 Posts
dave from ducati seattle had a pretty cool looking 996 fighter,don't know links but he might still have pics.

·
Registered
2,441 Posts
thats the one zoom,your key board skills humble me.

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
kaos said:
thats the one zoom,your key board skills humble me.
nahhh....I have a sweet spot in my heart for that bike...if it was a 998...I would have pushed harder on my wife to let me buy it when Dave was selling it....she was not quite a brick wall...but pretty damn close at the time....I didn't feel the conviction enough to be the bulldozer against her on that issue....but damn was I coming close to temptation!.....right now I am warming her up for next spring to buy an S4Rs with the full Termi kit to bump it to the 148bhp so I can be a tearin up some tarmac hooligan moreso than I am now!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts