Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody else experiencing the same issue? For a quick workaround, I stuck a black foam piece where it's contacting to avoid damage but I gotta imagine that there's something that can be done.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Anybody else experiencing the same issue? For a quick workaround, I stuck a black foam piece where it's contacting to avoid damage but I gotta imagine that there's something that can be done.
The heim joint that mounts onto the triple is worn out. Need to get a new clamp. It happened to me. You can go to the hardware store and try to find a bushing that will fit in there to restrict the movement a little, but this is only a band aide.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Dub, is this what you're referring to? I've got it, too. It's the little black spot on the tank. Pardon my out of focus!

R71, I'm not sure what the heim joint is. Do you have time to snap a pic, or do you know what it's called in the parts maual? I can post a part#, but there is no part by that name. There is an o-ring and a bushing that are in the mount to the triple. Is one of those it?

·
Registered
93 Posts
I had the same thing on my 998. It seems that they all do it over time.

Clear bra on the spot would work as well

1 - 7 of 7 Posts