Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys,
New to the forum and i don't have a lot of ducati experience. I'm looking at a 2004 998S FE and was wondering if you could answer some of my questions.

Can you get a full exhaust system from termignoni for this bike (including headers and so on)?

Can you get a big bore kit (just curious) for 998 engines from Ferracci or someone else?

I currently have an 03 R1 and am looking for a change. Anything else i should know rather than it's a totally different bike.

The bike is about $16500 US give or take a bit. What do you think of the price? It's got quite a few mods and carbon as well. I know tough to tell without having more info.

Anything else you can tell me about the 998's would be great.

thanks,
donno

·
Registered
27 Posts
The 998S FE does not have the deep sump motor. Termi only made 50mm and 54mm full exhaust systems to fit the the deep sump motor. Thus, the only way to get a full system on the FE is to cut and weld a 50mm or 54mm system. It's been done, but it's not easy work. You're probably better off getting a 45/50 half system which starts at the vertical midpipes.

·
Registered
572 Posts
As far as i know, there's no big bore kit for 998 (there is a 1026 kit for the 996).
The price seems to be fair, but how many miles have this bike?

In my point of view, go for it.

·
Registered
72 Posts
just get it!!! the bike is alive! especially with pipes.

also,you don't have to change the diameter of the exhaust, if you don't touch the engine.
slip ons are fine ( get the LOUD ones (race))

hope you get it, and enjoy!
nat 02 998.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I just fit a Termi 54mm full system to my FE. Took two rounds of cutting (me) and welding (welding shop) of the front header to make it fit (pretty tight fit now: close to belly pan on the left, and close to shock/spring). Also, the Termi does not have the O2-sensor bungs welded in unlike the stock headers.
I read somewhere that people managed to wrestle the exhaust onto the non-deep-sump 998 without modification, but that appears nearly impossible to me after I went through the excercise. Problem is that the Termi systems are not exactly a bargain (they include a differently mapped ECU). Neither is the bike you think about at 16500, I bought my new two years ago for only a little more than that. Sticker price on the 998sFE was a little high when considering that it had the standard 998 engine (in the US) and some "final" decals added (which admittedly look way better than the 998Matrix decals ...)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts