Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
My sausage feet have a lot of trouble deploying the stock kickstand on my 998. Is there an aftermarket solution or a mod to make this easier? I cant be the only one here with sausages for feet.

Thanks,

Flash

amullo: Name change

·
Registered
956 Posts
When you say 'deploy' do you mean like in Star Trek...press a button and your kickstand comes down? J/K. I have a similar but opposite problem, I'm short/thin-ish and if I'm not paying attention it's hard to grab the stand with my heal unless I actually look (usually on previous bikes, I just grab it...).

But that's when I say computer, stand down, and even though it was a $15,000 mod, it was worth it.

Hope you don't mind a bit of humour...

Shawn

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nahhh...I dont mind. I'd sure like a solution though. I need a CycleCat kickstand but I cant find the right one for a 998.

Flash

·
Registered
82 Posts
You might want to try some sort of bolt on extension... Don't know if any exist for the 998, but Touratech makes such things for BMWs. The ones I've seen are mostly designed for increasing the footprint of the base of the kickstand so it doesn't sink in soft dirt or hot asphalt. I would bet however they are easier to find with the boot since the base of the kickstand is wider.

Another solution would be to weld a bolt or something directly to the arm of the kickstand.

Good luck...

CS.

·
Super Moderator
8,211 Posts
Changed name of this thread.

//amullo

·
Premium Member
3,708 Posts
It doesn't get in the way of anything. Looks a little weird but I'd rather have it then park in the grass, gravel, soft asphalt, etc and have the bike fall.

·
Registered
472 Posts
I don't think it looks weird at all! Actually, it looks neat... thx! I might get one of those... :)

·
Registered
475 Posts
I'd get one if they made it for the 999.

·
Registered
475 Posts
I don't think it would. I looked at the picture of the kickstand without it and it's different than the 999.

If anyone has any ideas about where I can pickup something like this, please let me know.

·
Registered
5,136 Posts
Nahhh...I dont mind. I'd sure like a solution though. I need a CycleCat kickstand but I cant find the right one for a 998.

Flash
I have a CycleCat stand and it's no easier to 'deploy' in fact due to it being straight and a smooth round profile, it's more difficult to get your foot on to it.

It does hold the bike more upright, not sink into hot roads as much and is more substantial though.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts