Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am almost embarrassed to post a question on something that should be so simple, but I am at the end of the tracks on this one.

On my 998, the horizontal cylinder's injector isn't spraying. There is no ticking/clicking coming from the injector either. I switched the electrical connections between the two cylinder's injectors to see if there might be a problem with the wiring, and still the vertical cylinder injector sprayed just fine. Fuel is coming from the vertical cylinder's injector as it should, which can mostly eliminate the fuel lines as being the issue.

To me, the easy fix seemed to be to replace the faulty injector, and that should solve the issue. However, it has not been that easy. The screw that holds the cap over the injector is stuck. Like really stuck. As in I have tried everything that I could possibly think of to remove this torx screw to pull the injector, and it's not budging. PB Blaster had zero effect on helping. In the process, I have stripped the head of the screw. I have used a screw extractor with no luck, as the extractor itself broke during my attempts to remove this damn torx screw.

I know I'm probably an idiot and have overlooked something very minor, but any help that the community can give is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
5,151 Posts
It's tight. You need to give give it a good support and don't be afraid to give it a nudge. Also best to remove both stacks an do it on the bench. I've never had one that I couldn't undo. If by chance you should fuck the head just drill it off and pull the cap. The injector itself will also be tight so it will need a fare old shove to pop out. Have fun.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for the quick response. I ended up using my dremel to cut a large slot in the head, and was able to remove it with heat and a large flathead. Apparently whoever worked on this last (bike is relatively new to me) decided to use a copious amount of red threadlocker.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts