Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So we took apart the wiring on the bike chasing a gremlin and it led back to the ecu..

The injectors are working, we tested the wires on the plugs that go to the injectors and they are good however one of the injectors won't spray fuel but if we switch the plugs then it will Spray and the other one wont.. conclusion ecu

Anyways what are my options? Can anyone test the ecu if I ship it out? Anyone has an ecu they want to sell??

·
Registered
570 Posts
998 has a 59m ECU and they are famous for this type of problems. You can pull the map from the old ECU and flash a new or used one with that map. I don't know where you live so I don't know who can do it for you. A better option would be to for a 5am ECU but you will need a special map to make a 5am to work on a 998. I know that impulisiveduc has been working on this but I don't know the status for the moment.

Jocke

·
Premium Member
6,919 Posts
I put out the SOS to Punch for you, so hopefully he can help

Craig

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thank you guys! I wish i could by the nemesis but having my the monster at the shop, the 1198 needing a new sprocket chain set up plus some maintenance items and the 998 still needing more stuff (brake lines and chain). I can not justify spending the money right now.

The 5am map would be perfect since I already have a spare ECU that I have been trying to sell for $100 forever lol

·
Excel Addict
2001 900SSie
5,345 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts