Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 02 998 and recently put on a 50mm half system new that belonged to a 996. It came with an eprom for the 996 not a ecu for the 998. The bike seems to run a little rich since I added the cans. I started shopping for an ecu and have heard varying opinions on the subject. Some tell me to get a power commander and other tell me that the ecu is better.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Well despite all the "testimonies" for both systems out there it all comes down to this:
Do you think Ducati knows it's bikes better then Power Commander does.
I'd like to think it does so I went with the ECU and it worked fine for me.
(but that's my humble opinion)
May whichever you choose be the correct solution for you.
(I guess I'm not much help am I)

·
Registered
18 Posts
ecu for my 998

after i put on 50mm system i changed the ecu 996r-998s and just had power commander put on, got new ecu for £85.00 off ebay its like a new bike now :)

·
Super Moderator
8,212 Posts
If your looking to replace either the ECU with a DP-ECU or get a powercommander, I´d go for the powercommander and get it dyno´d. It´s gonna cost more, but it MAY be worth it.

FIM in Australia make a replacement ECU with alot of goodies, but that is ALOT more expensive then either the PC3 or DP-ECU.
THAT would probaby be "the best" since they allow a tuner to play with fuel AND ignition, aswell as fan-cut in and a whole range off options.

The DP-ecu´s are made for Termignoni pipes. If you have something other the Termi´s.. You might want to look at another solution.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts