Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
pulled the cover off the vertical cylinder of a 2002 998 motor and found the cam markings to be VA-1C AND VS-1C. any one shed some light on these cam id numbers as i cant find anything about them. my other 998 motor has va-2d vs-2d

·
Registered
46 Posts
pulled the cover off the vertical cylinder of a 2002 998 motor and found the cam markings to be VA-1C AND VS-1C. any one shed some light on these cam id numbers as i cant find anything about them. my other 998 motor has va-2d vs-2d
The VA and VS are Italian abbreviations. Basically just telling you that one is for the exhaust and one is for intake. I'm sorry I don't know what 1c vs. 2d is. :-(

·
Registered
3,977 Posts
the 1c is the s exhaust, it may also be a very early production inlet. most of the s inlets are 3m. there was a service bulletin about replacing early s inlet cams maybe? i forget now.

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
was wondering if there was any thing unique about the 1C's as my other 998 motor has both 2D's and i cant find any thing to reference them. going to take them out today and put the 999S cams in today.

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes the 999S are the 3M & 1C. I have two 998 motors, one has the correct 2D intake & exhaust cams, the other has the 1C intake and exhaust cams. I put the 999S cams in today along with new belts.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts