Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi .. i am looking to buy a cf airbax for my 2002 998 . i found one form 2000 996 . would a 996 airbox fit a 998 ?? please advice

·
Registered
143 Posts
No, it will not fit. From what I have read the 998 airbox is different from the 748-996.

Motowheels carries a carbon fiber airbox to fit the 998 and can be found by clicking here.

·
Registered
68 Posts
air intake system

Sorry to dig old thread, but I've tried searching, and this is the closest I've come to finding an answer. I'm in the market for a CF air intake system: air runners and airbox for my '02 998.

Aside from the difference in airbox size between the 748/996, are the air runners different in diameter as well? I know for my 748, there were street and race intake systems with a larger diameter interface at the airbox. I guess my question is: will street 996 air runners work for a 998 airbox?

Thanks for any info!

·
Premium Member
2,245 Posts
Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I think so. It would be cheap to find out. If you're looking to upgrade your airbox just get it and see if your stock runners fit. If not, get new ones but I'm pretty sure they're the same. The only ones I can think of off the top of my head that maybe wouldn't fit is the one for the corse upper with larger diameter intakes but I don't think they're any different between the standard 996 and 998 intakes. I have a 748 that I got a carbon airbox for and then got some carbon 998 intakes and they fit right up.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I think so. It would be cheap to find out. If you're looking to upgrade your airbox just get it and see if your stock runners fit. If not, get new ones but I'm pretty sure they're the same. The only ones I can think of off the top of my head that maybe wouldn't fit is the one for the corse upper with larger diameter intakes but I don't think they're any different between the standard 996 and 998 intakes. I have a 748 that I got a carbon airbox for and then got some carbon 998 intakes and they fit right up.
Yeah, that's right!It was the corse airbox that had a larger intake diameter. I'm guessing the 996 and 998 airbox have the same size intake diameter. Thanks for the info. I'll post the update when I've got the new air system.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts