Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 1/2 decided I like twill CF for a 998 but after searching through a few old threads here and google it seems like that boat has sailed. I could only find one place that offers it (carbonmoto - carbonfibreforducati.com). It is cheap enough but that worries me a bit. I bought a cheap twill sprocket cover from a different place as a test and it is not usable so I'm reluctant

It looks like 7 years ago shift tech was a clear winner but I only see a front fender listed now for the 998.

Just wondering if anyone has a current recommendation for CF of any weave with bonus points for twill air box before I commit one way or another

Thanks

·
Registered
653 Posts
A word of caution, in case you hadn't already spotted it, - the RSR item suggested is for the 748/916/996, as are both the ones shown on their website. The 998 airbox is different, so I'd check with RSR before ordering.

·
Premium Member
5,725 Posts
...or double the air volume & $$$;

That bottom one is the one that is on the R, and has the large center cut to allow for the Shower Injector Assemblies... The reason I pointed this out is that the R's use the Kyalami frame, and therefore that airbox will not fit in a standard '02 998/748 frame.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts