Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8,545 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've searched this site and can't find the info I need. Thought someone must have dealt with this before. What are the options for aftermarket air filters on an '02 998? Best prices? Places to buy? Any help will be appreciated. TIA

bruce19

·
Registered
746 Posts
BMC Code : 324/19

"RACE INDUCTION KIT FOR DUCATI 748 – 916 – 996 – 998

The BMC Race Induction Kit for DUCATI is an air filtration system that consists of two BMC air filters with relative support frames, gaskets and all the necessary parts required for installation.
The kit also includes a detailed illustrated step by step instruction leaflet of all the procedures for a correct installment.
The kit allows, thanks to the installation of BMC air filters in oiled cotton of high permeability, an increase in air quantity in the entrance of the engine thus guaranteeing an elevated efficiency of filtration.
BMC air filters are washable and reusable with the appropriate BMC washing kit, it is recommended a periodical maintenance. "

Hi, I run these in my 2002 998, easy to install comes with complete guide on what to do. Noticed the difference, I have a PCIII so could richen up the RPM range which leaned out. I have one picture in My Gallery of one of the filters installed. I recommend using these, you dont really take up much air box volume and the filtration of Cotton/Oil (K&N) is tried and proven.

·
Registered
37 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,215 Posts

·
Registered
8,545 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I believe the filter you showed is available from Motowheels for $270. Seems like a hell of a lot of money to me. The BMC "system" can be had for $129 from CA-Cycleworks (aka: Chris Kelley). No brainer for me.

bruce19

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
bruce19 said:
I believe the filter you showed is available from Motowheels for $270. Seems like a hell of a lot of money to me. The BMC "system" can be had for $129 from CA-Cycleworks (aka: Chris Kelley). No brainer for me.

bruce19
Bruce19, are you sure that's not just for a set of replacement air filters? Seems awfully low for the full setup. I think that may just be for the filters.

Very few options, there is a setup similar to the BCM sold Down Under (AUS) for under $150 U.S. but they don't take credit cards or pay pal. I don't have the link anymore... superbike something or other, the site was called.

You'll need to wire transfer the cash to their account.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts