Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My original quest was to sell the 996 and get a 998. Well, I don't have the heart to sell the 996, and the only 998 I wanted is located in Alaska. I'm in Georgia. I was wondering if anyone has done a motor swap. Just a newer motor in the 996. I'm going to track this mutha this summer and thinking of doing a frame up restoration this winter and while I'm at it, maybe the motor can be updated a little.

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
My original quest was to sell the 996 and get a 998. Well, I don't have the heart to sell the 996, and the only 998 I wanted is located in Alaska. I'm in Georgia. I was wondering if anyone has done a motor swap. Just a newer motor in the 996. I'm going to track this mutha this summer and thinking of doing a frame up restoration this winter and while I'm at it, maybe the motor can be updated a little.
members here have swapped motors.
748 to 996
748 to 998
If you find a good condition 998 motor, do the swap or you can find out how much to rebuild your existing motor with upgraded parts and don't forget the megacycle rockers if you are going to rebuild.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts