Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was up at island dragway in nj last night for test and tune and ran a best time of 10.89 @ 132 on my 99 996sps. mods are full arrow exhaust, pistal high comp pistons and a few others. i was pretty consistent 11.00's but was having a hard time keeping the front end on the ground in 1st and 2nd gear. next time i am going to strap the front end down for better launches. here some numbers. i guess they are pretty typical, maybe even slower than average but its my first time running this bike.

60' 1.957
330 4.953
1/8 7.234
mph 108.00
1000 9.196
1/4 10.890
mph 132.41

·
Super Moderator
8,211 Posts
I´m guessing that your dyno is very conservative. 1/4 in 10.89 is respectable.. Especially givven that the dryclutch isn´t exactly made for quick starts. What gearing where you running? Any pics?
Thanks for the info! Now i know what i should expect of mine..

This is my SPS that only has its cams retimed and a mapping.
EDIT: Blue is stock and red is retimed cams 109/109 centerlines and a remapping by Hypertrick. 50mm Termignoniexhaust is the only other engine mod

//amullo

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,373 Posts
I´m guessing that your dyno is very conservative. 1/4 in 10.89 is respectable.. Especially givven that the dryclutch isn´t exactly made for quick starts. What gearing where you running? Any pics?
Thanks for the info! Now i know what i should expect of mine..

This is my SPS that only has its cams retimed and a mapping.
EDIT: Blue is stock and red is retimed cams 109/109 centerlines and a remapping by Hypertrick. 50mm Termignoniexhaust is the only other engine mod

//amullo
I did not realize those made that much torque!

·
Trackday Junkie
1,374 Posts
M90, your times are actually very good. Your ET/mph is excellent for what you got.

Your focus, is that 60 foot. You want to try and get down into the low 1.7's, high 1.6's if you can. A strap (try the universal once from Schnitz Racing) would definately help.

Dry clutches do NOT like to be slipped, so you're just going to have to drop it at a low rpm (start around 4k) and nail that throttle. The idea, is that you want to be WOT *before* you pass the tree.

Times are very good, I like to see people drag race Ducs (I've drag-raced Hayabusa's for 8 years). Will eventually take mine down there to see what it can do.

·
Premium Member
2,373 Posts
Whoops!

·
Premium Member
8,729 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
M90, your times are actually very good. Your ET/mph is excellent for what you got.

Your focus, is that 60 foot. You want to try and get down into the low 1.7's, high 1.6's if you can. A strap (try the universal once from Schnitz Racing) would definately help.

Dry clutches do NOT like to be slipped, so you're just going to have to drop it at a low rpm (start around 4k) and nail that throttle. The idea, is that you want to be WOT *before* you pass the tree.

Times are very good, I like to see people drag race Ducs (I've drag-raced Hayabusa's for 8 years). Will eventually take mine down there to see what it can do.

thanks! i am 150lbs soaking wet so that explains the bad 60' w/ high trap speed. i was having real issues w/ the front end in the air until about 60mph. next time i hit the track i am strapping this thing down in the front 2-3 inches and see if that helps. a 1.7 60' should bring me close to 10.5...

on a side note my trap speed was almost identical in all 5 runs. it was between 131.5 and 132.5 every time.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts