Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a guy wanting to trade me a 2000 996S "numbered bike" #243 and I am wondering about the accuracy of this statement. He sent pics and sounds ligit so far but I'm just trying to make sure. The thing that threw me off is I found an ad on the same bike from a different location. I dont know how old the other ad is.
Did they even make a "numbered" or "limited" 996s and what was the significance?

·
Mayor of Simpleton
4,875 Posts
They're numbered, but not a big deal (US versions).

·
Registered
444 Posts
I got a guy wanting to trade me a 2000 996S "numbered bike" #243 and I am wondering about the accuracy of this statement. He sent pics and sounds ligit so far but I'm just trying to make sure. The thing that threw me off is I found an ad on the same bike from a different location. I dont know how old the other ad is.
Did they even make a "numbered" or "limited" 996s and what was the significance?
More interesting to find a EUR 996s with a SPS engine.

·
Registered
155 Posts
I don't know what is happening in US but in europe the came out in 2001 and they were not numbered.

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

·
Registered
3,261 Posts
996S came out in US in 99 (I had one), they were numbered, a small number plate on top triple clamp, just like the 900SP and SPS 996SPS too.

I don't know what is happening in US but in europe the came out in 2001 and they were not numbered.

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

·
Registered
140 Posts
In 1999 Koup's Ducati in Harrisburg had 996S s/n #001. I'm sure it's part of someone's collection now....

·
Registered
3,977 Posts
the usa got a 996s single seat bike which was a euro sps chassis with a std motor, like an 888 spo sort of thing. it got ohlins forks for 2000 like an sps i think. so it's special in a non special way depending on how you look at it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts